2013年5月18日 星期六

Culture Poem- The Glory of Taiwan


                                          (Image resource: http://yhoo.it/10EtG2v )

Her name is Formosa,
The most  beautiful island I know in this world,
There are a million people who live on this land.
It has various and wonderful culture if you explored.

People who live on this land is passionate,
Formosa is a tropical nation,
The kingdom of fruit is  her name,
Diversity in food culture is also the fame.

Languages is very interesting in this place,
Hakka, Taiwanese and Chinese,
Its aboriginal culture is an attraction,
Foreigners often come here for vacation.

" Where do you come from?"
" Taiwan" I would say with pride.
The world is so wide,
This heaven is always bright.
 
Description:
 This poem is about to tell foreigners that Taiwan is worthy to visit and the most beautiful place in the world. This is my hometown. When I wrote this poem, I searched lots of imgaes of scenery of Taiwan online in order to tell others how much I love my nation, and there is no other place like this for sure.














 










3 則留言:

  1. Thanks for the poem. Very patriotic, indeed.
    ----
    A few suggestions:

    Her name is Formosa,
    The most beautiful island I know in this world,
    There are over (a million people who live) millions of people live on this land,
    It has various and wonderful culture if you explored.

    People who live on this land is passion (passionate),
    Formosa is a tropical nation,
    The kingdom of fruit is her name (nickname?),
    Diversity in food culture is also the fame.

    Languages is very interesting in this place,
    Hakka, Taiwanese and Chinese,
    Its aboriginal culture is an attraction,
    Foreigners often come here for vacation.

    " Where do you come from?"
    " Taiwan" I would say with proud (pride).
    For this is the country I grow (grew up- if it doesn't rhyme, then please consider changing it),
    I love her as much as my family... (make sure the last line rhyhmes)

    回覆刪除
  2. Thanks, Aiden.
    And yes, I have heard that some say Taiwan is a kingdom of fruit. It is probably can be a nickname for our nation!! hahaha

    回覆刪除
  3. Please make sure that you revise your poem based on the corrections I gave above. I see that it has not been revised yet.

    回覆刪除